Monday, July 27, 2015

Weekend Review 63

This past weekend I focused on catching up on my sleep. I find that when I don't workout I have a hard time sleeping which has led to some very late nights of laying in bed wide eyed, willing myself to fall asleep.

I've been pretty constant with my classes at the new studio I joined for the month which has led to better sleep, but those late nights caught up to me and I had some of the best sleep this weekend.

Friday night Mike and I went to Blaze Pizza. I was contact by Blaze to see if I would like to try out their new location in St. Louis Park and I of course said yes because, pizza.

From the moment we walked in the staff was extremely friendly and helpful explaining the process.

First you pick your sauce, then your cheese, meats and finally veggies then they throw it in a blazing hot oven and in the a couple minutes, literally 3 minutes, your pizza his done to perfection. I went with a pepperoni pizza with half black olives and half pineapple.

Mike went a little more wild and chose the white sauce with tomatoes, arugula, goat cheese and chicken.

After our pizza we went down the road to his grandparents and spent the night chatting with them and his mom. One would typically think that spending a Friday night hanging with a couple of 90 somethings wouldn't be very fun, but those two are rather sharp at their ripe age.

When we left his grandparents we had the option of meeting some of my friends out, but I opted for a movie and my couch. I made it half way through Horrible Bosses 2 before calling it a night and putting myself to bed.

I got close to 10 hours of glorious sleep before I had to go to a 75 min barre class. I had not been to this class or had this instructor before and let me tell you, she kicked my ass. Half way through and my whole body was trembling. It was similar to the other classes I've been to, but since it's 75 min instead of 60, we hold everything for about 16 counts instead of the normal 8. I'm still feeling it today.

After class I swung by Lunds & Byerlys to pick up a quick lunch of wild rice salad before getting ready for my cousins bridal shower. As I was getting ready to jump in the shower, I realized I didn't have any hot water. The water just kept getting colder and colder. It was so cold and unpleasant I was about ready to cry.

The bridal shower was beautiful as always. The aunts on my mom's side of the family know how to throw together beautiful parties with plenty of delicious food, wine and desserts. There were 7 different types of miniature desserts and yes, I had all 7 of them....well, sort of. One may or may not have spilled down the front of my dress.

Sunday was another lazy morning with a late wake up call. I felt so refreshed that day so Mike and I tried going to a small diner near his house for brunch, but they had a 45 minute wait so we drove back to his house and walked to the 5-8 Club for some Juicy Lucy's. Can't go wrong there!  After our Juicy Lucy's we went to a friends house to hang out in their pool.

Out of the last few summers, this is definitely the one to know someone with a pool. Especially since I haven't been able to make it up to the cabin very often this Summer and I'll only be up there for 2 weekends in August.

We spent the whole day in the pool, drank a few cocktails and grilled some dinner before the sun and wine hit me and it was time to go home.

When I got home, I still didn't have any hot water so I threw my self in to bed and called it a night.

I'm happy to report that I do have hot water now and a good long shower is in the very near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment