Friday, February 20, 2015

Cabo 2015 Part 4 - Our final days

On our last full day in Cabo, we dedicated it 100% to the beach and getting maximum sun. We might have been a bit ambitious with our tender Minnesota skin, but we sure got plenty of sun.

It was valentine's day and the resort was setting up for a wedding so there were less beach chairs. It was also incredibly windy, so they put down all the umbrellas so there was no cover from the sun what-so-ever.

I found 6 chairs and plopped down with my vodka lemonade, Nicholas Sparks book and tanning oil, SPF 4. Silly girl.

As the day went on, I slowly began to cover my burning skin and adding sun tan lotion to any part of my body that hurt from the touch of the wind. It eventually became too much and we headed up to the kiddie pool that was warm, fully shaded, and kid free.

St. Valentine came to the resort which was way more creepy than romantic.

By late afternoon we were all officially sunned out. We spent some time searching restaurants and trying to plan where we should go on our last night. No one wanted to have to actually look presentable or have to go anywhere so we just headed down to the sports bar restaurant at the resort. 5/6 ordered the over salted cheese burger and watched the dunk contest on a big screen tv. It was the most romantic valentine I've ever had (insert sarcasm).

After dinner we walked down to the beach to check out the valentine dinner set up. They had tables spread out on the beach, with a hear drawn around them in the sand and each table had it's own little fire ring. It looked quite romantic.

We stalked the wedding reception that was going on poolside. As much as we all talked crap about the wedding while it was being set up and its location, the final product was quite beautiful and everyone seemed to be having a great time. If I wasn't walking around in a mustard stained dress, I would have tried to sneak in a dance.

Our final day we worked on finishing off the alcohol we had left over. I had a rum and coke with my bacon and eggs and then moved on to wine while packing. We mixed together some margaritas, packed up some vodka tonics and beer and hung out by the pool after we checked out.

We didn't finish everything that we purchased, but we did a good job. Since our ride wasn't coming until 4 to take us to the airport, we went to Mariscos Las Tres Islas where I had my first bite of seafood for the trip.

It was just how I remembered it from last year.

Next thing we knew it was time to go back to the resort and head off to the airport.

The Cabo airport is quite small, and with a late flight there wasn't much open. We had a short delay, but landed in MN around midnight to a whopping 9 degrees.

As I sit here, reflecting on this vacation, we hit a record low for the season. It was -12 without windchill today. Needless to say, I'm questioning why I came home, and when I can get out again.

To top off my coming home, I went to pick up my little lady from my cousins. It was snowing and cold. My tire blew. I called AAA and sat in my car with my fur baby on my lap and totally broke down. It was pathetic.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, poor thing! Vacation depression always hits me, too, but getting a flat and hit with THAT frigid temp would be the total breaking point for me, too.

    I'm totally impressed none of you look like red lobsters after spending all day in the sun...I so would have! :)