When I go on a date I go into it with an open mind. Knowing that there might be a few things that I don’t totally dig, but smallish enough that I should be able to work with.
My requirements usually just start with these qualifying factors:
· *Must have a job
· *Must have a car
· *No kids
· *Not married
You would think those are pretty broad requirements but I have been proven wrong. The more dates I go on (which really isn’t that many these day), the more detailed my list of requirements get. Here are my reasons to swipe left or reply with a simple ‘thanks, but I just don’t think we’re a match’.
· * Too short
· *Too skinny
· *Doesn’t like eggs
· *Doesn’t like mayo
(I love potato salad and you can’t have good potato salad without eggs and mayo)
· *Doesn’t like lake water (aka no fun at the lake. Learned that one the hard way)
· *Likes motorcycles (been there, done that. They terrify me now)
· *Has cats
· *Too muscular
· *Not enough hair
· *Red hair
· *Really blonde hair
· *Doesn’t like sports
· *Likes sports too much
· *Doesn’t like baseball
· *Works odd hours
· *Works on weekends
· *Picks hanging out with their dog over you (however, I’ve been known to do this myself)
· *Every picture has a dead animal in it
· *Sends you emails/texts at 2:00 in the morning on a Tuesday
· *Lives outside my work/home bubble
· *Makes fun of country music
· *Only listens to metal
· *Only says ‘hi’
Basically, I’d like to find myself in male form because we would like a lot of the same things, he’d wear nice shoes and baseball hats, would have a lovely smile, we’d eat cheese and wine and hang out with a herd of dogs while watching TBS marathon of Rom Com’s or listening to the Harry Belefonte Pandora station dancing around and laughing at ourselves.
Now I want to listen to some Harry Pandora with a glass of wine and dance around with my dog then watch some Sleepless In Seattle. Looks like I have my Friday night planned out!