I hope you all were able to ring in the new year with loved ones, family, friends or a first date. Wait, who goes on a first date on New Years Eve? I guess I do.
No one wants to spend NYE alone, or sitting at home with their parents snoring next to them, so I opted to take a chance and meet someone new for drinks and conversation. Honestly, I guess spending it alone isn't too bad, but it was fun to get out for a little bit nonetheless.
I don't like resolutions. I feel that word sets us all up for failure. As a matter of fact, I woke up on Wednesday, January 1 and said 'my first resolution is to not nap today'. Guess what? I failed that resolution and napped for a good two hours.
Instead of resolutions, I'd like to just make a list of what I'd like to accomplish this year.
- Run another 1/2 marathon and several 5+k's (Already registered for Get Lucky 7K in March)
- Not let other's ideas about me affect the person I am or my happiness
- Laugh. Laugh a lot. Laugh at myself. Laugh at life.
- Take a vacation...or two (Cabo is booked and packing will soon begin)
- Go after what I want. Don't sit around waiting for others. Make the first move.
- Finally, if by chance I win the Power Ball, I'm going to buy myself a turn key island. Apparently they only run a mere $5 Million.
There you have it. This is what I would like to accomplish in 2014. If I buy an island, I'll be sure to send you an evite for my 'island warming' party.